Interview with a clinical psychologist Children’s hospital of St. Mary Magdalene Pavel Vladimirovich Mamayev
– Pavel Vladimirovich, what point of development the child can talk about the psyche?
it ’ s Mental development of the child begins in utero. It was at this time forming the basic characteristics of mental processes. It is difficult to determine, whether inherited or that trait, or it is formed at the earliest stages of development. Mother and unborn child – one organism. So those experiences that mother feels, to a certain extent, is also a little child. When the baby is born, he finds himself in very unusual conditions. Now much has been written and spoken about the importance of the first latch. Among other things, this is one of the most important moments of mental development, when formed by the basic trust in the world. World for a child may be assessed as a friendly phenomenon, with which you can interact on a confidential basis, to use its resources, to transform it. Conversely, the child may perceive the world as a hostile environment, where all unknown poses a threat. Such children are visible at once. They can be trapped, enslaved, may show protective aggression. Basic trust in the world is entirely dependent on the mother, her relationship to the child.
Massage Continue reading
1) According to the sequence: the sequence of appearance of family members indicates the attitude of the young artist. Usually, the first children draw the most beloved or the most significant family member. If he forgot to paint someone – it means that with this man the child’s strained relationship. The child often portrays in the heart – so he was sure that his parents love him. Conversely, he feels abandoned and alone, if you do not have a picture of me at all.
2) composition: If the figure in the form of group photographs missing one of the family members, ask the child why he forgot it. Such incomplete portrait – serious reason to pause.
3) size: the greater the credibility of the child is the man depicted, the higher and greater will be his figure. Rejected children paint themselves as small, spoiled and may not accommodate his giant image.
4) distance: When the house is quiet, and peace, all of the characters are very close to each other. The closer they draw themselves to someone of the parents, the stronger his attachment to that person. Any item drawn between people symbolizes a barrier in the relationship between Continue reading
What feelings does a parent knowing that their child is stealing? Shock. Anger. Confusion. Fear.
Someone, of course, does not philosophizing, whipping child and will count on this educational process is completed. But most parents will face a daunting question, decide which without the help of a psychologist, very hard. How would do in a similar situation? To scold or talk? What words to choose?
One of many causes of treatment parents in the psychological center are child stealing, and cheating. Because these problems are so-called “shameful” problems missed and I hate to say it. Parents are often embarrassed to talk about this subject, it is not easy to tell the psychologist that the child has committed “terrible” offense stole the money or appropriated someone else’s thing. And of course this child’s behavior is perceived by the family as evidence of his incorrigible immorality.
Already from the age of three the child begins to develop self-awareness, and thus to form ideas about what is “mine” and “theirs.” So nobody in their right mind would call a thief two-three-year-old, who took without asking anyone’s thing. But the older the child, the more likely that his act would be regarded Continue reading