PSYCHOLOGICAL CAUSES of bad HABITS IN CHILDREN
Scientific work on the theme “PSYCHOLOGICAL CAUSES bad HABITS IN CHILDREN.” The scientific article in the specialty “Medicine and health”
PSYCHOLOGICAL CAUSES bad HABITS IN CHILDREN Arkharov O. N. Anis B. X
Ryazan state medical University, Department of prosthodontics and orthodontics, Ryazan
Bad habit is a negative tendency that has become need and expressed in actions, behaviour, often turns into a trait (E. E. Alekseev). There is a Russian saying: sow a habit -reap a character.
Most often, when talking about bad habits in children, I mean, finger sucking, tongue, nipples, or other items, gryzenia nails. The problem of harmful habits in childhood is always relevant, because in addition to its psychological components and the formation of malocclusions, which are compounded over time and lead to severe deformities requiring complex treatment.
The aim of this work was to study the psychological causes of bad habits and possibilities of their elimination without breaking the psychological status of the children.
Examined data literature: E. E. Alekseev, A. I. Barkan, G. A. Shirokova; E. G. jadko.
Bad habits distract the child from the process of knowledge, threatened by development delay, infantilization; become a necessary ritual complacency, distraction from fears, compensation for the lack of attention, affection, communication. The gentle touch of a mother’s arms, lips and body provided by nature in the complex mechanisms of physiological maturation of the child. The lack of them can cause and reinforce bad habits.
Actually, the habit something to suck or chew on the child may be associated with increased anxiety and stress. So, first of all, parents need to find out the cause of nervous tension of the child and fix it. It is known that pathological habits reduce negative emotional experiences of the child (dissatisfaction, contradictory feelings to dear child people) and helps to relieve emotional tension. Fixation of pathological habits and helps the feeling of pleasure experienced by the child and an increased focus on the adults around him to these actions of the child. It must be remembered that during the suppression of pathological habits in a child increases a feeling of inner tension. Children can suck the finger, the tongue, the corner of his blanket, and other fall under the hand of things, though, are usually the same. Simultaneously with the thumb sucking many kids do, and yet some compulsive movements (stroking the ears, picking your nose, “sniff”, licking lips, etc.). Very often these movements are fixed by the type of formation of conditioned reflexes. For example, repeated several times a year, the common cold turns into habit “sniffed”, and often dry lips is to lick them. The older the child, the more clearly and the moment follow.
Correction of harmful habits should include a deep analysis of the problem: when you notice that a particular action has become a habit of your child?
Eliminate the habit patiently, spending to combat it as much time as she was secured. Bad habits usually begin with a lack of attention to the child, so to eliminate them the attention of parents is especially necessary. The child became withdrawn, withdrawn into his parents with him, he’s fascinated by interesting games, activities. If he is alone, we must be doing something. It should be time for the habit. Struggle with a bad habit is always a struggle with self-doubt, anxiety, pessimism.
There are also private recommendations. So when gryzenia their nails cut short, I advise you to RUB the palm of the hand, when there is a desire to chew nails. When thumb sucking, different objects, because often resort to them at bedtime, shortly before bedtime are recommended for rhythm games, dancing, jumping rope. Useful by attaching to the lintel or jamb of the door swing, to shake the child several times a day for 10-15 minutes; you should purchase him a rocking horse. While falling asleep the child is encouraged to include a quiet rhythmic music.
In the struggle against existing bad habits important to send a child alone to eliminate them, explaining the harm and pointing to the unaesthetic appearance of the fingers with bitten nails, a man with fingers in your mouth, teaching self-control. We need to encourage the child, saying: “You will cope, don’t worry”. It is important to help the child in difficult situations, because they very often resort to harmful habit. It must be remembered that during the suppression of pathological habits in a child increases a feeling of inner tension. Moreover, suppressing one habit in a child of preschool age, we often get instead another. The particular difficulty is that in most cases children do not have the desire to overcome pathological habits. On the contrary, often there is active resistance to the attempts of adults to resolve familiar and enjoyable for the child’s actions (understanding pathological habits as negative of a child appears only at the end of preschool age). Along with common features of pathological habitual actions are peculiar to each of them features and, therefore, ways of overcoming.
It is important to reassure the child and tell that you will be able to overcome difficulties. With his parents he needs to relax and not to experience the same voltage as, for example, in kindergarten or school. Make sure first that the child has learned the current material, practice with him, show him his success. Proceedings of the XI international Congress “Health and education in XXI century” people’s friendship University, Moscow, 2010
Support, encourage, praise him. Your task is to make the child more confident in their abilities. If, despite your support, the child’s behavior does not change, you should see a pediatric neurologist or neuropsychiatrist.
1) bad habits frequent in children with reduced background mood, prone to depression, and therefore, anything that causes a good mood, and promotes eliminating bad habits.
2) Close internal contact with the child, gentle and consistent management of its actions, continued attention of parents to the child, a variety of activities and age appropriate children’s demands on him is the best possible prevention of harmful habits, as well as therapy, preventing their appearance or eliminate them.
3) Often, bad habits are formed a conditioned reflex, the correction of which is practically impossible without a comprehensive solution to the problem (together with neurologists, psychologists and other specialists).
1. Collection of scientific abstracts and articles “Health and education in XXI century”. 2009. T. 11. No. 4.
2. Collection of scientific abstracts and articles “Health and education in XXI century”. 2008. T. 10. No. 4.
3. Collection of scientific abstracts and articles “Health and education in XXI century”. 2007. Vol. 9. No. 4.
4. Collection of scientific abstracts and articles “Health and education in XXI century”. 2006. Vol. 8. No. 4.
5. Collection of scientific abstracts and articles “Health and education in XXI century”. 2005. T. 7. No. 4.
6. Collection of scientific abstracts and articles “Health and education in XXI century”. 2004. T. 6. No. 4.
7. Collection of scientific abstracts and articles “Health and education in XXI century”. 2003. Vol. 5. No. 4.
8. Collection of scientific abstracts and articles “Health and education in XXI century”. 2002. Vol. 4. No. 4.
9. Collection of scientific abstracts and articles “Health and education in XXI century”. 2001. Vol. 3. No. 4.
10. Collection of scientific abstracts and articles “Health and education in XXI century”. 1999. Vol. 1. No. 4.
11. Electronic proceedings of the “Health and education in XXI century”. 2009. T. 11. No. 12.
12. Electronic proceedings of the “Health and education in XXI century”. 2008. T. 10. № 12.